About us.

The Morrow County Land Reutilization Corporation (MCLRC) was established in accordance with ORC 1724 in November of 2015 under the direction of the Morrow County Treasurer’s Office.

The MCLRC serves as a resource to Morrow County’s communities to address vacant and abandoned property issues and promote neighborhood stabilization. Through its activities, residential, commercial, and industrial properties that are certified tax delinquent, vacant, and creating blighting influences on a community may be considered for acquisition.

These properties will be evaluated based on condition, location, and strategic reuse opportunities.

History of Land Banks

In 2008, the Ohio General Assembly passed legislation providing for the creation of Ohio’s first county land bank, which was launched in Cuyahoga County in spring 2009. A year later, a coalition of partners from around the state successfully advocated for the passage of legislation that extended the authority to create land banks to Ohio’s 42 most populous counties in addition to Cuyahoga County.  This land bank statute went into effect in 2010 and permits the specified counties to create a not for-profit, quasi-governmental entity, officially called a county land reutilization corporation or “Land Bank”.

Ohio County Land Bank Responsibilities

Facilitate the reutilization of vacant, abandoned, and/or tax‐foreclosed property.

Hold and manage these properties to stabilize and improve surrounding areas, including creating redevelopment opportunities that can contribute to neighborhood and community revitalization.

Clear property titles of unpaid property taxes, fines, and assessments so that a new responsible owner will not be held responsible for previous liabilities.

Promote economic and housing development in the county or region, which may include helping existing property owners retain the value of their properties or stabilizing key commercial properties to re-attract the private market.

The statute provides county land banks with several critical powers that allow them to address blighted, vacant, and abandoned houses, buildings, and land.